Subject: Re: poll function in cygwin
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:27:03 +0400

Hi!

Tuesday, 27 August, 2002 Corinna Vinschen [email-masked] wrote:

CV> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:33:40PM +0700, Nguyen Minh Sang wrote:
>>    On cygwin, function:
>> int poll(struct pollfd *ufds, unsigned int nfds, int timeout);
>> 
>> The maximum of nfds = ?

CV> Theoretically there is no maximum.  In practice the maximum is a
CV> function of the memory available.

I was thinking that maximum number of handles which can be waited via
WaitForMultipleObjects() is 64, thus limiting a number of handles that
can be select()ed. It's probably possible to work around such
limitation in cygwin select() but either i've missed something or no
such workaround was created in cygwin code. 

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/