Subject: Re: Possible bug with cygwin packaging of Ghostscript 7.0.5
From: Dario Alcocer <[email-masked]>
To: Eivind Throndsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:09:20 -0700

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:19:04AM +0200, Eivind Throndsen wrote:
> 
>    Dario,
>    I just tried to upgrade my cygwin installation with the latest
>    versions of GS in order to generate PDF files from Tex though ps2pdf.
>    It appeared as if something may be wrong with either the way I did it
>    (which is entirely possible, I did mess about a fair bit) or the
>    cygwin 7.0.5-1 package. It turned out that just loading the default
>    installed font set crashed.

This is a known issue with the 7.05-1 release.  As soon as I have
some time, I'll make a new 7.05-2 release.

In the meantime, the workaround is to use binary mounts for both
/usr and any data directories that contain your Postscript input.

NOTE: I have redirected this discussion to the cygwin mailing list,
which is where package bugs are discussed.

-- 
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
[email-masked] -- http://www.helixdigital.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/