Subject: Re: Available for test: gcc-3.2-1, gcc-mingw-3.2-20020817-1, gcc2-2.95.3-10
From: "Dylan Cuthbert" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:06:04 +0900
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

"Christopher Faylor" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
>
> There is also a gcc2 update, also available only for testing.  This
> version has fastcall support from Danny's mingw release and includes
> some tweaks that should allow me to eventually reintroduce the alignment
> changes in binutils which allow java to work better.
>

Not just java, we're waiting on these binutils so we can use the SSE
extensions for gcc that need to have 128-bit stack alignment working
properly.  At least we hope that's the only problem :-(

Any chance of a pre-release version to test?  We don't use gcc-2 anyway.

---------------------------------
Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com
P2P internet radio - http://www.peercast.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/