Subject: using MFC with cygwin
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:29:02 +0400

Hello,

I have unix console application. I want to use this application as a
back-end for windows GUI application. This GUI application is written
using MFC. I find out that there is no way to use cygwin *.o objects
and *.dll libraries in VC++ projects because of gcc and msvc compiler
uncompatibilities.

So i cannot use cygwin+gcc to compile my back-end and msvc to compile
GUI front-end. Am i right?

I cannot use msvc to compile entire project.

Can i compile MFC GUI application using cygwin+gcc? I tried to do it
but i have some problems:
Compiler cannot find MFC headers and some win32 headers like tchar.h.
I copy tchar.h to cygwin's win32 include directory and use gcc with
-I<path_to_mfc_headers> option.

But i still have problems:

/cygdrive/c/visualstudio/vc98/mfc/include/afx.h:621: variable or field `__fastca
ll' declared void
/cygdrive/c/visualstudio/vc98/mfc/include/afx.h:621: parse error before `('
/cygdrive/c/visualstudio/vc98/mfc/include/afx.h:1523: confused by earlier errors
, bailing out

So can i combine cygwin API functions with MFC?

-- 
Best regards,
 Serj                          mailto:[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/