Subject: Re: DoD Security Clearance for cygwin?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:47:26 -0400

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:14:30AM -0500, Keen Wayne A Contr AFRL/MNGG wrote:
>I replied directly to Dennis.  I know Cygwin showed up on an "approved"
>list of open source tools that was circulated here about a year ago.
>What was involved in the approval process I have little insight into.

I SINCERELY hope that no one uses cygwin in a secure environment.  It is
very much not a secure tool.

I'm sure that Red Hat would entertain the option to fix up all of the
myriad security holes in Cygwin but, for now, please PLEASE do not use it
in a secure environment.

I hope this is clear.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/