Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-5 packages available
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:08:17 -0400
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

[email-masked] wrote:

> Do you want the stackdump file? I tried to use dumper.exe as per 
> the FAQ but on re-starting bash I got a "syntax error" message. 
> That's something for another time...

I don't really want the stackdump file, but a core generated by
dumper would be fine.

> You may be onto something. As an experiment I started Mutt, and 
> then in another bash shell window started emacs, and got the 
> same result (Sinal 11). Some argument between the two about 
> something, it looks like, though the reverse (start emacs and 
> then mutt) works fine.

Probably the Win98 loader is loading emacs differently, causing
the problem.  One thing you can do is run emacs before mutt,
then run "start-server" once it's up, then use "emacsclient"
for the editor in mutt.  The emacsclient binary talks to
the running emacs and uses it to edit files.

Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/