Subject: RCS 5.7-3 keyword expansion issue
From: "BRETECHER P.Y." <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Mick Carter (Adresse de messagerie)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:08:57 +0200

Hi everybody

I found something strange with the keyword expansion feature of RCS 5.7-3
regarding the location of files :

Let's consider the following file (just made of the RCS header) :
--==========================================================================
====
-- RCS Header:
--   File         [$Source$]
--   Revision     [$Revision$]     Named [$Name$]
--   Last checkin [$Date$]
--   Author       [$Author$]
--==========================================================================
====

if I perform the following co operation :

co -rhead#main P:/SRCE_WD/ESSAI/main/titi G:/SRCE_Archive/ESSAI/titi,v

with the RCSINIT variable set to : RCSINIT=-x,v/
where P: is a local drive and G: a network drive,
the resulting checked out file looks like this :
--==========================================================================
====
-- RCS Header:
--   File         [$Source:
/cygdrive/p/SRCE_WD/ESSAI/main/G:/SRCE_Archive/ESSAI/titi,v $]
--   Revision     [$Revision: 1.1 $]     Named [$Name: head#main $]
--   Last checkin [$Date: 2002/08/20 12:20:03 $]
--   Author       [$Author: frso143 $]
--==========================================================================
====

Here we can see that the expanded source path is not correct (should be
G:/SRCE_Archive/ESSAI/titi,v) because it contains a part of the local
working file path (/cygdrive/p/SRCE_WD/ESSAI/main/).

If I change the co command in order to use UNC path for the archive file,
things get better :

co -rhead#main P:/SRCE_WD/ESSAI/main/titi
//SIRIUS/frso143/SRCE_Archive/ESSAI/titi,v

leads to

--==========================================================================
====
-- RCS Header:
--   File         [$Source: //SIRIUS/frso143/SRCE_Archive/ESSAI/titi,v$]
--   Revision     [$Revision: 1.1 $]     Named [$Name: head#main $]
--   Last checkin [$Date: 2002/08/20 12:20:03 $]
--   Author       [$Author: frso143 $]
--==========================================================================
====

Which is the good result.

The problem seems to be limited to keyword expansion, other RCS features
seems OK.

Any ideas ?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/