Subject: Re: Emacs colours [RE: GNU emacs 21.2-5 packages available]
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:39:21 -0400
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Adye, TJ (Tim) wrote:

>>- black on black is no longer the default color scheme

> I can see why this is necessary for emacs running in a "DOS box", but is
> ugly and should not be necessary when displayed in a rxvt or xterm window,
> or when using the X11 interface. I know I can change this back (I haven't
> found out how, but I'm sure a little investigation will find it: emacs -r
> isn't enough), but it would be cleanest to keep similar defaults as all
> other versions (not least because I have a common .emacs).
> 
> Could I suggest that the reverse colours only be the default for the non-X11
> interface, when run in a DOS box ($TERM=cygwin, I think)?

You can change site-init.el if you don't like the current scheme.  It's a hack
until I figure out what emacs is doing wrong, so it will revert to proper
colors once I track it down.

> One other minor point, is that I've noticed that describe-function doesn't
> always work, where it does in NT and RH7.2 Emacs 21.2, eg.

This looks like an emacs install bug -- the DOC file is made but not installed.
I'll look at it.

Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/