Subject: Re: c_cc[VTIME] not working under NT
From: "Michael Besl" <[email-masked]>
To: "egor duda" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:12:07 +0200

Hi Egor, hi all,

thanks for your mail. The program runs now perfect with the select()
command, but only when i start the program in the Prompt-(MSDOS)-Window in
WinNT. When i start it under VB6 then i see my program running in the
Taskmanager but consuming 99% of cpu time and the timeout is never reached.
It looks like that everything is running except any timer functions. What is
the difference here?
I have no other choice than to start the serial communication application
under VB6.

Thanks for your help
    Mick

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: egor duda <[email-masked]>
An: Michael Besl <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Datum: Montag, 12. August 2002 15:14
Betreff: Re: c_cc[VTIME] not working under NT

>Hi!
>
>Monday, 12 August, 2002 Michael Besl [email-masked] wrote:
>
>MB> i have written a serial communication application that uses the normal
>MB> com-ports. I have compiled it under cygwin DLL 1.3.13 (latest
distribution)
>MB> and it works perfect with win98, but when i use the same DLL and the
same
>MB> program under winNT, then the c_cc[VTIME] seems not to work. So the
winNT is
>MB> waiting forever for a byte at the COM port. Do i have to change here
>MB> something at the source that it will also run under winNT?
>
>It's a bug in cygwin. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon (i have a
>working patch but it needs some cleanup).
>
>Meanwhile, as a workaround, you may want to use select() before read()
>and doesn't rely on termios features like this. Using select() is a
>cleaner solution because it would work on any type of input, not just
>ttys.
>
>Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19
>
>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/