Subject: Re: emacs install problem
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:40:38 -0400
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

[email-masked] wrote:

> Yes, it's true: "emacs" does not have an .exe extension.  The fact that setup 
> downloads the distribution but does not install it appears to be a separate 
> issue.

Sounds like I have to make sure the .exe is there for 9x machines.

> I've manually installed the distribution on my system, and we are getting along 
> quite amiably.  Though the default colors (e.g. black on "black"--black on a 
> transparent background, I presume) in terminal mode simply will not do, but 
> that is yet another matter entirely.

I assume you are using the non-X version?

I had a problem like that when I compiled emacs using terminfo.  I'm pretty
sure that it's the terminfo database at fault -- something is not quite
right in the file corresponding to your TERM, probably.

Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/