Subject: Initial Cygwin process hangs on exit waiting for background processes to complete ...
From: Anthony & Yinkwan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:42:14 -0700

I'm running the latest Cygwin distribution on NT 4.0 (poor me) and it 
exhibits the following irritating behavior in shells launched from the 
Windows environment (e.g. the Cygwin Bash script, or the XFree86 start 
script).

If there are any background processes, the invoking Cygwin process hangs 
until they exit. Even the following trivial example :

# sleep 120 &
# exit

... elicits the problem with the shell's window hanging in until the 
sleep completes. The upshot is more cosmetic than anything else 
resulting in a shell window hanging around for the duration of my 
XFree86 session.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks,

Anthony Shortland
Mountain View, CA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/