Subject: Re: collect2: problem with "undefined reference" while linking]
From: "Conrad Scott" <[email-masked]>
To: "Helmut Dipper" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:20:25 +0100

"Helmut Dipper" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> when compiling and linking a program consisting of
> pure C-sources I get a "undefined reference" out of
> libcygwin.a during linking, see protocol attached.
>
> I have no idea how to resolve the "undefined reference".

> > gcc -o scheme -O2 autoload.o bignum.o bool.o char.o cont.o
cstring.o debug.o dump.o env.o error.o exception.o feature.o
heap.o io.o list.o load.o malloc.o math.o onfork.o prim.o print.o
proc.o promise.o read.o special.o stkmem.o string.o symbol.o
terminate.o type.o vector.o main.o stab.o -v -LC:/WIN_NT/system32

But you could follow the suggestion I made when you posted this is
the gnu bugs mailing list and remove the -LC:/WIN_NT/system32
switch, which (and I've just tested it for you) fixes your
problem.

HTH?

// Conrad

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/