Subject: Re: Console issue
From: Karl Zilles <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:06:52 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Stephen C. Biggs wrote:
> Then I go into vi on a big text file and while in vi, tap above the 
> scroll thumb a few times to page up in the console.  Then I do :q and 
> when I start hitting enter again, the contents of what was in vi is still 
> present in the screen buffer.  This means that I have to hit enter a lot 
> of times to get past it.

I had this problem when scrolling back to look at long steams of output 
from tomcat.  Then I'd hit return and instead of returning the view to 
the cursor, it would move the cursor up to the location I was viewing 
(on top of the output text).

I think this is a bug/limitation of the windows console and not a cygwin 
problem.  I changed to rxvt, and in addition to getting rid of that 
problem, I get better terminal emulation on some of the systems I ssh to.

Karl Zilles

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/