Subject: Re: ls /cygwin: c missing
From: Robert Hönlinger <[email-masked]>
To: "Stephen C. Biggs" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:09:55 +0200

Stephen C. Biggs wrote:

>On 8 Aug 2002 at 10:33, Robert Hönlinger 
>wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>yesterday I upgraded my cygwin installation to version 1.3.12-4 and the 
>>problem with "ls /cygwin" is still there. I put a floppy disk in drive 
>>a:, a cd in drive e: and got the following:
>>
>>bash-2.05b> ls /cygdrive
>>d  e  f  m  s  u
>>bash-2.05b> ls -l /cygdrive
>>total 12
>>drwxr-xr-x    2 Administ Kein         4096 Jul 29 13:54 d
>>dr-xr-xr-x    4 Administ Kein            0 Apr 22  2009 e
>>drwxr-xr-x    1 Administ Kein         4096 Jul 31 07:46 f
>>drwxr-xr-x    1 Administ Kein            0 Jul 29 17:37 m
>>drwxr-xr-x   90 Administ Kein            0 Aug  5 16:13 s
>>drwxr-xr-x    1 Administ Kein         4096 Jul 18 19:44 u
>>bash-2.05b>
>>
>>So drives a: and c: are missing. c: is the drive where I installed 
>>cygwin. It is also very interesting that ls reports the date of the cd 
>>as being far in the future.
>>
>>I put the old version 1.3.10 of cygwin1.dll into /bin and got the following:
>>
>>bash-2.05b> ls /cygdrive
>>a  c  d  e  f  m  s  u
>>bash-2.05b> ls -l /cygdrive
>>total 20
>>drwxr-xr-x    1 Administ Kein            0 Dec 31  1979 a
>>drwxr-xr-x   16 Administ Kein         8192 Jul 29 13:54 c
>>drwxr-xr-x    2 Administ Kein         4096 Jul 29 13:54 d
>>dr-xr-xr-x    4 Administ Kein            0 Apr 22  2009 e
>>drwxr-xr-x    1 Administ Kein         4096 Jul 31 07:46 f
>>drwxr-xr-x    1 Administ Kein            0 Jul 29 17:37 m
>>drwxr-xr-x    1 Administ Kein            0 Aug  5 16:13 s
>>drwxr-xr-x    1 Administ Kein         4096 Jul 18 19:44 u
>>bash-2.05b>
>>
>>Now all drives are listed. The date of the floppy in a: and the date of 
>>the cd in e: are wrong. The floppy disk cannot be that old. Perhaps 
>>someone else is able to reproduce the same bug on his/her pc.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Robert
>>
>>
>
>I can do the same thing, but I thought that there 
>was some sort of bug because my c drive is 
>FAT16 and the rest NTFS.
>
>
I don't think it depends whether the drive is FAT16 or NTFS formatted, 
because my c: and d: drives are both NTFS. Do you have the cygwin 
installation on your c drive, too? Perhaps it doesn't show the drive 
letter on which it is installed. Or it doesn't show the letter of the 
drive where the system is installed. I have Windows 2000 installed. The 
wrong date of the cd is less important to me. But I'd like to have a 
list of all drives, because with some gui tools one can traverse the 
file system with the mouse to select a file without entering the path 
manually. 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/