Subject: Re: OpenSSH and WinCVS in Windows 9x
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Laurent Pinchart <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Steven O'Brien" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:50:52 +0400

Hi!

Thursday, 08 August, 2002 Laurent Pinchart [email-masked] wrote:

LP> Hi everybody,

LP> After some investigation, I got a few results that might be of interest.

LP> I dived into the WinCVS 1.2 code, and found out that WinCVS hangs in 
LP> get_responses_and_close()@cvs-1.10/src/client.c, when calling waitpid.

LP> I checked on the Linux server where the cvs server is run, and the cvs server 
LP> process didn't terminate. If I kill manually the cvs server process on the 
LP> linux server, the dos box on the windows computer is closed and waitpid 
LP> returns.

LP> If I run WinCVS and OpenSSH on an NT computer (I tried NT5.0), cvs server 
LP> terminates nicely and WinCVS doesn't hang.

LP> Now, I'd like to know why the cvs server doesn't terminate. I suppose it 
LP> should terminate after sending its reply.

LP> Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide me with some help.

To debug the problem a little further you can try to use variable

========================================================================
$CVS_CLIENT_LOG

Used for debugging only in client-server mode. If set, everything send
to the server is logged into `$CVS_CLIENT_LOG.in' and everything send
from the server is logged into `$CVS_CLIENT_LOG.out'.
========================================================================

and cvs protocol description, which can be found here, for example:
http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs/doc/cvsclient_5.html

Looking at the files you'll probably see what server was waiting for,
but haven't gotten.

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/