Subject: Re: OpenSSH and WinCVS in Windows 9x
From: Laurent Pinchart <[email-masked]>
To: "Steven O'Brien" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:38:11 +0200

Hi everybody,

After some investigation, I got a few results that might be of interest.

I dived into the WinCVS 1.2 code, and found out that WinCVS hangs in 
get_responses_and_close()@cvs-1.10/src/client.c, when calling waitpid.

I checked on the Linux server where the cvs server is run, and the cvs server 
process didn't terminate. If I kill manually the cvs server process on the 
linux server, the dos box on the windows computer is closed and waitpid 
returns.

If I run WinCVS and OpenSSH on an NT computer (I tried NT5.0), cvs server 
terminates nicely and WinCVS doesn't hang.

Now, I'd like to know why the cvs server doesn't terminate. I suppose it 
should terminate after sending its reply.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide me with some help.

Laurent Pinchart

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/