Subject: Re: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon cannot run as an NT service under latest Cygwin CVS
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "S. L." <[email-masked]>
Cc: CÃ©dric Dufour <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:01:25 -0400

SLao,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 07:35:55AM -0400, S. L. wrote:
> >I just determined that I cannot run cygipc's ipc-daemon directly as an
> >NT service with Cygwin DLLs after 1.3.12 even under Windows 2000.  What
> >version of Cygwin are you using (i.e., uname -a)?  Are you using a post
> >1.3.12 snapshot or CVS?
>  ^^^^^^
> [...]
> 
> If I remeber well, Charles Wilson, the maintainer of the ipc-daemon
> made a post on the cygwin mail list after the initial release of the
> 1.3.12 version of the dll (which he rejected, but ... :).

The above is unrelated.  I tracked down the problem and Thomas Pfaff
provided a patch.  If interested, see the following mailing list threads
for the details:

    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2002-08/msg00050.html
    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2002-q3/msg00235.html

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/