Subject: ipc-daemon cannot run as an NT service under latest Cygwin CVS
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Cédric Dufour <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:08:40 -0400

Cédric,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 09:49:49PM +0200, Cédric Dufour wrote:
> 1. 'ipc-daemon --install-as-service' doesn't seem to work on Windows
> XP (it generates a timeout error when trying to start the service ->
> use 'cygrunsrv' instead to launch the daemon)

I just determined that I cannot run cygipc's ipc-daemon directly as an
NT service with Cygwin DLLs after 1.3.12 even under Windows 2000.  What
version of Cygwin are you using (i.e., uname -a)?  Are you using a post
1.3.12 snapshot or CVS?

I've will begin the binary search shortly -- any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/