Subject: Re: Mysterious gdb behavior.
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 03 Aug 2002 17:27:10 +1000

On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 13:42, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
> It just gets worse doesn't it? The last time I made an ill-advised 
> manual registry tweak it took days to restore the system to a known 
> good state. I'm not risking that again. Anyway, It Should Not Be 
> Necessary to Fuck With The Registry To Make Cygwin Work As Designed.

Cygwin is not perfect. I see in another email that you have tested and
found that the directory name with a space in it is the issue.

You have now identified the exact situation that results in your error.

You have also recieved free advice on several methods that may alter
your situation to one that will work, it's up to you to choose the
method that you prefer. 

This thread is now off-topic. A summary message from you on how you
correct it (once you choose a method) would be good for the list
archives.

Rob