Subject: Re: HOWTO run ssh-agent as an NT/2K service
From: "Conrad Scott" <[email-masked]>
To: "Борис Смирнов" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:14:51 +0100

"Борис Смирнов" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> There is a problem when running ssh-agent from a shell prompt:
when you
> logout from that shell the console window won't close until one
kills
> the agent.

I can reproduce this problem and I don't know why it happens.  A
simple "solution" is to use rxvt rather than a command window.
I've attached the /cygwin.bat file I use for this purpose: you may
need to adjust for your setup.

Note that there is also the problem that ssh-agent doesn't
shutdown cleanly if you logout (on an NT box).  I assume it's not
responding to the necessary signal but I've not yet been bothered
to investigate this.

HTH,

// Conrad

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/