Subject: RE: termcap-2002040301 out of sync with terminfo-5.2-3
From: "John Vincent" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:57:06 +0000

Hi,

Just to recap:

termcap is a terminal capability database stored as a
single large text file /etc/termcap. It was introduced
in BSD (if I recall ...)

terminfo is a terminal information database, doing exactly
the same thing, introduced in Unix System 3 (if I recall...)

Both these packages have been ported to cygwin. The porter of
the terminfo package has chosen to add the following cygwin
specific terminal description entries:

cygwin          ansi emulation for Cygwin
cygwinB19       ansi emulation for cygwin32
cygwinDBG       Debug Version for Cygwin
rxvt-cygwin     rxvt terminal emulator (X Window System) on cygwin
rxvt-cygwin-native      rxvt terminal emulator (native MS Window System 
port) on cygwin

The porter of the terminfo package has chosen to add only
a "cygwin" entry.

My comments:

It certainly seems reasonable for you to add new entries, but maybe
all these entries should be submitted to both the original packages,
or this has already been done?

I'm just trying to add some helpful comments, if it's not helpful,
please feel free to ignore what I've written :-))

/John Vincent.

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/