Subject: setup.exe Runtime error!
From: "Janne K Edelman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:46:11 +0300

For a some time I have experienced a major problem with Cygwin setup.exe.
Otherwise it runs normally (I can select download site, packages, it
downloads packages) but it does not install/uninstall anything. Instead it
crashes to "Runtime error" every time it should start installing the
downloaded packages.

Current version I have tried with is 2.249.2.5. It stops with a dialog

    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

     (X)  Runtime Error!

     Program: C:\Cygwin Packages\setup.exe

     This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in unusual
way.
     Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have experienced this problem for few weeks and I suppose it can be caused
by some updated and incompatible DLL. If so the problem is that I do not
know which and what can I do to fix the problem.

My environment is Dell Latitude 610 (P3-1.2GHz, 512 MB, 30 GB), Windows XP
with the latest patches from Microsoft. Cygwin setup version 2.249.2.5.

/Janne K Edelman

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/