Subject: Re: Problems with CPAN
From: Chris Game <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:18:11 +0100
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

In an earlier post, Corinna Vinschen said...

> Nooooo.  It's way easier.  If an application uses stat() and
> checks the uid against the posix permission bits, it fails
> since your uid is definitely not the uid of the admins group.
> 
> <snip rest of highly techie explanation>

In what sense are you using the phrase 'way easier' in the first 
sentence? The rest of your stuff goes right over the head of this 
part of the target audience!

C.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/