Subject: Problems with CPAN
From: "Tony Arnold" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:00:29 +0100

Gerrit et al.,

> To get a summary of all the modules you installed for 
> perl-5.6.1 you can use the CPAN module (before you install 
> perl-5.8.0), just start it as usual ($ /usr/bin/cpan) and 
> type in the CPAN shell:
> cpan> autobundle
> to get a snapshot of 'your own' perl installation.
> 
> To reinstall all the modules (after installing perl-5.8.0) type in the
> new CPAN shell:
> cpan> install Bundle::Snapshot_2002_07_29_00

I ran cpan suggested and it immediately told me there was a new version
available and how to install it, so from the cpan prompt, I typed:

	install Bundle::CPAN

Part way through it said it could not find a Perl 5 with the following
message:

Unable to find a perl 5 (by these names: /usr/bin/perl miniperl perl
perl5 perl5.6.1, in these dirs: /usr/local/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin
/bin /usr/X11R6/bin /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32 /cygdrive/c/WINNT
/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/WBEM /cygdrive/c/Perl/bin/ /usr/bin
/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/IBM/AFS/DOCUME~1
/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/IBM/AFS/Common /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Network
Associates/PGPcmdln
/cygdrive/c/Progra~1/Hummingbird/Connectivity/7.00/Exceed
/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/IBM/AFS/Client/Program
/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/IBM/AFS/CONTRO~1 Z . Y . /usr/bin)

Even though perl is installed. Perl -v gives:

This is perl, v5.6.1 built for cygwin-multi

Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to
the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home
Page.

I tried renaming perl.exe to just perl, but this did not help.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tony.
-- 
Tony Arnold, Deputy to the Head of COS Division, Manchester Computing,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
T: +44 (0)161 275 6093, F: +44 (0)870 136 1004, M: +44 (0)773 330 0039
E-mail: [email-masked], Home: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/