Subject: Re: MySQL server under cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Terry Flannery" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:34:08 +0200

Hallo Terry,

Am Sonntag, 28. Juli 2002 um 03:47 schriebst du:

> Yes it is. I would at least like to ba able to have cygwin enabled mysql
> client applications... is this possible?

Yes, libmysqlclient works fine when compiled under Cygwin.
Once you have a static libmysqlclient.a it is possible to
create a shared .dll from it.

With the clientlib you can link most applications to enable
the access to a MySQL server.

Just add '--without-server' to the configure options.

After you have a static lib you can create a shared lib
like this (steamroller tactics):

gcc -shared -o cygmysqlclient-3.23.51.dll \
 -Wl,--out-implib=libmysqlclient.dll.a -Wl,--export-all-symbols \
 -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--whole-archive libmysqlclient.a \
 -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lcrypt -lz

You also need to modify the file /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la
to point to the dll then:
# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='/bin/cygmysqlclient-3.23.51.dll'

# Names of this library.
library_names='libmysqlclient.dll.a'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library='libmysqlclient.a'

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/