Subject: cygwin php problems
From: Richard Lethin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 15:34:14 +0900

I'm running into some problems running php on my windows2000 system; I'm 
using the latest regular pre-built binaries for cygwin apache and php, 
as obtained by setup.  Apache starts and serves fine without php, but 
when I put the lines to load the mod_php4 into httpd.conf, and try to 
start apache, I get this error message:

C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe: *** unable to remap 
C:\cygwin\bin\cygintl-1.dll to same address as parent -- 0x1A6F0000
       8 [main] httpd 1452 sync_with_child: child 1700(0x208) died 
before initialization with status code 0x1
  114013 [main] httpd 1452 sync_with_child: *** child state child 
loading dlls
fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
httpd: unable to fork new process

I did a little googling, knowing nothing about dll's and now maybe have 
started to have some grasp of why they call it dll hell :).  There's a 
note about rebasing DLL's in the /usr/doc/Cygwin/php* readme file, but I 
think that's for when I build it myself, so not applicable.  Also, the 
rebasing seems to be for performance reasons, not correctness reasons. 
This seems to be some interaction between forking and dlls which also 
seems to be the topic of much discussion on pages that google turns up, 
but I haven't penetrated that to an understanding yet.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/