Subject: Re: MySQL server under cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Terry Flannery" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:42:30 +0200

Hallo Terry,

Am Samstag, 27. Juli 2002 um 07:35 schriebst du:

> Is it possible to build and run mysql under cygwin?
> I have read in the mailing list archives some issues with
> the cygwin POSIX threads implementation that mysql has trouble
> with.
> Is this still the case or have these been fixed within cygwin
> or mysql?

The threads were improved and it should be possible to build MySQL
including the server.

> Has anyone got mysql running under cygwin?

I got random crashes of the server but usual it starts again.
Was enough for my tests (that was version 3.23.43).

I have a patch and a script online:
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/mysql/

Should still work with the 3.x series.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/