Subject: Re: SSHD startup problem under 2K
From: "Kim Scarborough" <[email-masked]>
To: "Harig, Mark A." <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:44:25 -0500

> What filesystem are you running on this third box?  In order for the
> CYGWIN=ntsec setting to have an effect, you need to have NTFS installed
> on your disk drive (independent of Cygwin).  Windows provides a utility,
> 'convert', that converts FAT32 to NTFS, if you need to convert your
> filesystem.

It's NTFS. I dunno what I did wrong, but I finally just completely uninstalled
cygwin and started over, and this time it works. Thanks for your help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kim Scarborough                                  http://www.unknown.nu/kim/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything's entertainment in America eventually."
                                                           -Tracey Ullman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now listening to: Michelle Shocked - "God Is a Real Estate Developer
(acoustic)"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/