Subject: Re: How do I modify the icon name for rxvt?
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:43:26 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Benn Schreiber wrote:

> Hmmm, I tried both this and --iconName, but still get the same result. 
> Now I'm wondering if this is an XP-ism. I have the taskbar set to 
> group similar icons together. If there is only one rxvt running, the 
> title of the icon in the icon tray is correct.
>
> HOWEVER, when there are 2 or more, they are grouped together (which I 
> like), and the title of the icon group is "Terminal program." 
> (including the terminating period).
>
> If I run tcsh in a command-like window this doesn't happen however.

That's what I see too. However, if you click on the Taskbar icon XP will 
show you a menu of the terminals in the Terminal group. Each one will be 
identified by its icon name. Is this not enough for you?

If I start, say, 8 Netscape browser windows they will collapse into a 
Taskbar icon group. The icon name then changes to "Netscp" which is the 
program name for Netscape 7.0. I suspect a Windows program registers 
it's name and Rxvt registers its name as "Terminal program" (perhaps 
through a dll associated with X as rxvt is X aware).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/