Subject: Unable to start apache
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:20:05 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

I have been unsuccessful trying to get the Cygwin port of Apache to run. 
Whenever I try I see the following in Apache's error log:

C:\Cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe: *** unable to remap 
C:\Cygwin\lib\apache\mod_vhost_alias.dll to same address as parent -- 
0x470000
     27 [main] httpd 1748 sync_with_child: child 2220(0x6C0) died before 
initialization with status code 0x1
  33118 [main] httpd 1748 sync_with_child: *** child state child loading 
dlls
[Thu Jul 25 09:15:12 2002] [error] (11)Resource temporarily unavailable: 
fork: Unable to fork new process
[Thu Jul 25 09:15:22 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.24 (Cygwin) configured -- 
resuming normal operations
[Thu Jul 25 09:15:22 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: pthread (Default: pthread)

I haven't seen anything here regarding this error message. I've searched 
the list for "apache" and "mod_vhost" and found nothing. Does anybody 
have any ideas?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/