Subject: Re: FTP server?
From: "John Vincent" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:24:06 +0000

Hi,

This may help:

1. make sure you only have one copy of the cygwin1.dll file on your 
computer. You must have no old "backups" and also check if some other 
software has included another version.

2. make sure the cygwin1.dll is on the system PATH so programs can find it 
before a user has logged on. (For example, in Win2K you do the following: 
start->settings->control panel->system->Advanced-> Environment Variables 
then add or edit the System variable called "PATH")

3. If you are using NTFS file system, the CYGWIN environment variable must 
contain "ntsec" (add/edit CYGWIN in the same way as PATH)

I'm not a cygwin developer, but the above work for me. I hope it helps.

/John Vincent.

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/