Subject: Re: problem with a ssh server under cygwin
From: Frank-Michael Moser <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:23:49 +0200

>>  PATH=/bin:/bin
> 
> You should try to figure out why your $PATH is corrupted...
> 
> Corinna

Sorry, but I sent the wrong output. I just tried to find if sshd behaves 
different when removing WINs from the path.

Actually the output when logging in to sshd is:

$ ssh localhost
Last login: Wed Jul 24 14:54:48 2002 from localhost
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
Environment:
   ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users
   COMMONPROGRAMFILES=C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien
   COMPUTERNAME=PIP
   COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
   CYGWIN=binmode ntsec tty
   HOME=/home/moser
   HOMEPATH=
   NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
   OS=Windows_NT
 
PATH=/cygdrive/c/Programme/system:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Programme/Network 
Associates/PGPcmdln:/bin
   PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
   PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
   PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel
   PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
   PROCESSOR_REVISION=0204
   PROGRAMFILES=C:\Programme
   SYSTEMDRIVE=C:
   SYSTEMROOT=C:\WINDOWS
   TEMP=/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP
   TERM=rxvt-cygwin-native
   TMP=/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP
   USERDOMAIN=NT-AUTORITÄT
   USERNAME=SYSTEM
   USERPROFILE=C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\LocalService
   WINDIR=C:\WINDOWS
   TZ=   -1   -2,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3
   USER=moser
   LOGNAME=moser
   MAIL=/var/spool/mail/moser
   SHELL=/bin/bash
   SSH_CLIENT=127.0.0.1 2928 22
   SSH_TTY=/dev/tty4
C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** could not load wsock32, Win32 error 126
Connection to localhost closed.

Where i installed sshd with:

$ cygrunsrv -I sshd -d "CYGWIN sshd" -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a -d -e 
"CYGWIN=binmode ntsec tty"

Frank-Michael

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
DECODON GmbH                        phone: +49(0)3834 515231
W.-Rathenau-Str. 49a                  fax: +49(0)3834 515239
17489 Greifswald                    email: [email-masked]
Germany                               web:   www.decodon.com
------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/