Subject: Date Time Stamps?
From: "Arthur Taylor" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:46:41 -0400

This is a weird one...

I have a file in:
d:\cygwin\home\tayloraa\etc\newRock\labels.doc

According to an MS-command prompt its date is:
3/12/2002 10:06p

According to a "ls -l" from a cygwin bash shell its date is:
Mar 12 21:06

There seems to be a one hour discrepancy, probably due to Daylight
savings.  My D drive is an NTFS drive on a Win-2k machine, with a fairly
recent version of cygwin.

I ran into this when working with:
puts [clock format [file mtime $file] -format "%D %T"]
in various versions of Tcl.

According to cygtclsh its mtime is 3/12/02 21:06:24, however according
to tclsh (based on Mumit Khan's work) its mtime is 3/12/02 22:06:24.
Plain old MS-Windows based Tcl/Tk (8.3.2) weighs in on the side of
3/12/02 22:06:24.

Any suggestions as to the cause of the discrepancy?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/