Subject: setup.exe gives abnormal program termination
From: "Roland1753" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:49:09 -0400

Sirs,

   I have repeatedly (read: to the point of insanity) tried to install using
setup.exe version 2.249.2.5 and continually get an abnormal program
termination error. I have tried redownloading, removing/redowloading,
removing/rebooting/redowloading. I followed the following steps to arrive @
the error:

I open the setup program and select install form local directory/just me/dos
I select d:\cygwin as the root directory (first partition second drive)
I have tried both selecting d:\cygwin and
d:\cygwin\ftp%3a%2f%2fplanetmirror.com%2fpub%2fsourceware%2fcygwin ( the
directory created during download ) as the package directory.
the program then goes to the install screen then after a period changes to
the package selector screen ( which doesnt seem right if I recall correctly)
I then select all/install after which the program has an abnormal program
termination.
any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
         Tyler Foster

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/