Subject: Using the current setup snapshot
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:30:02 +0100

Robert :

In case it is helpful to know : I just used the current snapshot
setup-2.259.2.4.exe to install from scratch on W98/SE, and it went through
problem-free. This was a complete installation without source files.

I then tried it again from scratch, this time _with_  source files. There
were many instances of msgs reading "now deleting this in order to make
space for that: OK?" almost exclusively involving guile. But as far as I can
tell, setup.exe itself worked fine, again. There were absolutely no
instances of "Can't open <null> .." and all those earlier horrors.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/