Subject: Re: bigger window pls
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Nils Boeffel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Jul 2002 11:44:26 +1000

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 11:36, Nils Boeffel wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> There are two comments to this.
> 
> 1. I had the same complaint until I discovered /usr/bin/rxvt.exe 
> (category: shells) which works beautifully for me and is resizable.  I 
> still haven't figured out how to use a different font (I can resize 
> fixed, but don't know where to find other fonts that are installed) and 
> can't figure out how to paste using only a two button mouse. 
> Suggestions, anyone?  Other than that, it's great.  Documenting this in 
> the FAQ would be good since I assume this complaint is common.

You didn't have the same complaint - rxvt is for use when cygwin is
fully installed, the complaint in question is the size of the setup.exe
windows, which are used to perform the installation.
 
> 2. If you need an example of how to make a windows app resizable, I'd 
> suggest looking at the putty source code (google: putty homepage 
> download).  I use it for all my telnet/ssh'ing from windows, and it 
> works great.  That might make the task easier if someone wants to tackle it.

Thanks for the hint. However, I do know how to make resizable windows.
The problem isn't simply resizing a single window - it's scaling out all
the elements on this particular window in a sane fashion - for all of
the setup.exe dialog windows, within the framework of the MS
tabbed/paged dialog, on the fly. Putty is trivial by comparison, by it's
very nature.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/