Subject: Re: g++ (v.3.1.1-4) -mno-cygwin with a hello world sample crashes oddly
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dylan Cuthbert <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:40:07 +0200

Hallo Robert,

Am Sonntag, 21. Juli 2002 um 15:01 schriebst du:

> On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 22:55, Robert Collins wrote:
>> On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 22:56, Dylan Cuthbert wrote:
>> > That's very odd behaviour!  What else is in your current directory?  Is
>> > there a hiho.exe.exe?  :-)

No, I got 'hiho' after compiling with '-o hiho', after moving this to
'hiho.exe' I got the error.

>> I see the same quirks on linux. Something strange here.

> Ah, I was trying to run it on a nonexec partition (long story).

I have some of these too... how do I know if the partitions are
nonexec or not?  No hint when I type in 'mount'.  I would like to
see a trigger in setup.exe to decide whether I want to have a shared
drive to be exec or nonexec.

> Works fine for me(tm).

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/