Subject: Re: Server Port?
From: "Daniel Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:31:22 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Will editing this file alter the port numbers for telnet or FTP used by
cygwin telnet and ftp clients, also some other windows clients? The file
that I found that could be edited was at C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc. I am
on a windows NT system. I figured that the method would involve this file
since my Dad's redhat machine uses the same thing, but I also figured there
would a file in my cygwin directory not the WINNT directory. Do you have any
knowledge about these questions?

Daniel Adams

-----Original Message-----

From: Nicholas Wourms [mailto:[email-masked]]

Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 8:23 AM

Subject: Re: Server Port?

Yes,

Open up a search window and search for the file called services. That is

what cygwin uses.

Cheers,

Nicholas

--- Daniel Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Is there any way to change the port of the FTP and Telnet servers that

> are a

> part of cygwin to something other than the normal 23 and 21

> respectively? I

> tried the Telnet method of using an alternate debug port, but that

> didn't

> seem to work well when it gets passed through my firewall. Telnet on a

> debug

> port did work well when I would just telnet to 127.0.0.1 with the port

> number.

>

> Any help would be appreciated,

> Daniel Adams - [email-masked]

> http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~dpa3

>

> 1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)- Each one should use whatever gift he has received

> to

> serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html

> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html

> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/

>

__________________________________________________

Do You Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes

http://autos.yahoo.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/