Subject: Re: cpp0.exe problem
From: Nils Boeffel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:07:38 +0800

Nils Boeffel wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> My cpp0.exe seems to crash as soon as anything invokes it.  I ran setup 
> and should have the latest of all the files; I could use it fine 
> previously without problem.  Looking at the error report that windows 
> wants to submit (I'm on XP) it mentions modname cygwin1.dll  Any 
> suggestions for how to narrow down or resolve the problem?

The above was with gcc-2.95.3 (I think... the latest one in Curr).  I 
tried going to the 3.1.1 version and that changed the error a little 
bit: now it's cc1.exe faulting.  Here's the stackdump:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.1.1> !cat
cat cc1.exe.stackdump
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=61008616
eax=0000008C ebx=000207AC ecx=000207AC edx=61683874 esi=00000000 
edi=616800D8
ebp=0022FEF0 esp=0022FED8 
program=C:\cygwin\lib\gcc-lib\i686-pc-cygwin\3.1.1\cc1.exe
cs=001B ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003B gs=0000 ss=0023
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
0022FEF0  61008616  (616800D8, 00000740, 00000003, 6100392B)
0022FF40  61003A9D  (00000000, 00000000, 00660064, 81FF4000)
0022FF70  61004236  (004528C0, 00660064, 0022FF90, 006AB541)
0022FF90  61004275  (00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 805B406F)
0022FFB0  006AB472  (004528C0, 037F0009, 0022FFF0, 77E7EB69)
0022FFC0  0040103C  (00660064, 0022E7FC, 7FFDF000, EFECACF4)
0022FFF0  77E7EB69  (00401000, 00000000, 78746341, 00000020)
End of stack trace/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.1.1>

I hope this is a little more helpful.

THanks,
Nils.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/