Subject: Re: FTP server?
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:06:28 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Emailed and posted to the list...

Daniel Adams wrote:

> I had recently updated my cygwin installation, and I use the FTP 
> server that is associated with it for my computer. 

Clarification: Do you mean you installed Cygwin on a machine and set it 
up such that it response to incoming ftp requests?

> When I try with ws_ftp to connect to the server, and then do a list 
> command it gives me an error saying "The application failed to 
> initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the 
> application."

Clarification: Do you mean you use ws_ftp to connect to this machine on 
which you installed Cygwin and setup the ftp service? Also, how did you 
connect? As a user or anonymous?

> On the other hand if I log in to the engineering server at the college 
> I am associated with and try to connect via the plain "ftp" program it 
> give me no errors at all. 

Clarification: Do you mean that you log into an "engineering server" 
(What exactly is that? What OS is it running?) and attempt to connect to 
this machine on which you installed Cygwin and setup the ftp service it 
works? Again, how did you connect? Anonymous? Or as a user name?

> I will be glad to try testing other things and giving more information 
> especially if anyone can help me with this. Does anyone have any ideas.

How about trying Cygwin's own, command line oriented, plain ftp program?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/