Subject: Common installation, user ID
From: Manzoorul Hassan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:19:17 -0500

I would like to install cygwin in a common location (shared directory) 
so that we can use the same install from all of our machines. Which 
files (DLLs) should be installed on the individual machines?

Also, how do I update the /etc/passwd file to reflect the windows domain 
users who are going to be logging/using cygwin?

Currently, irrespective of the user that I am logged in as, the 'id' 
command shows that the user is Administrator (and a ls command on any of 
the file systems shows the owner of the files/dirs to be user=Administ, 
group=None). Did I miss a setup step?

I really appreciate all your help.

--
 /\/\anzoor --- [email-masked] --- http://www.intRnauts.com/hassan/

		Hate always has a reason, Love has none.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/