Subject: Re: Broken since 1.3.10, or earlier
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:35:04 +0400

Hi!

Wednesday, 17 July, 2002 Christopher Faylor [email-masked] wrote:

CF> On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 05:00:38PM -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>>Someone who knows about the internal architecture of I/O processing in 
>>Cygwin might be able to shed some light on this. If, for example, there's 
>>some kind of queuing of I/O operations in Cygwin1.dll between the 
>>application code (grep or a shell, in this case) and the Windows I/O 
>>primitives, then there might be an opportunity for this kind of asynchrony.

Seen this too.

CF> Actually, AFAICT, it is a bash bug and one that I have reported earlier.

CF> bash makes assumptions that pids grow monotonically but that is not the
CF> case on windows.

But that can't be the case on any unix too! Sooner or later system
reach maximum possible value of pid and will have to turn it over. Can
you point where bash makes such assumptions, and probably this can be
fixed in bash?

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/