Subject: Re: libtool dlopen [WAS: Guile and Readline won't play together]
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 01:27:51 +0200

Charles Wilson <[email-masked]> writes:

> On linux, does libguilereadline.so itself depend on libreadline.so ?

Yes.

> On cygwin, at least, cygguilereadline*.dll does NOT explicit depend on
> cygreadline*.dll -- and I think it should:

Yes, that fixes it.  I recompiled guile with readline installed, and
the dependency follows automagically.

However, for it to work, I still need to replace

    (dynamic-link "libguilereadline")

with
    
    (dynamic-link "/usr/lib/libguilereadline.la")

in readline.scm.  Note that this is all with current CVS libtool,
latest in Cygwin triggers the assert.

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/