Subject: Re: no_cygwin flag console problems
From: Ignasi Villagrasa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:36:59 +0000

Thanks for answering at first.

Well,

If I  could compile my program using cygwin it would be all right.

Here is the output errors using cygwin compilation:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/specs
gcc version 2.95.3-5 (cygwin special)
 /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/collect2.exe -Bdynamic 
--dll-search-prefix=cyg -o /client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/debgnt.exe 
/usr/lib/crt0.o -L/cygwin/lib/mingw -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib 
-L/usr/lib/w32api -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5 
--stack=65536 -L/cygwin/lib/mingw -L/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/visual2.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/visual.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/bloc.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/buffer.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/cacheb.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/codif.obj /client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/copy.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/diccio.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/coptrb.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/data.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/exchdlr.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/exten.obj /client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/fmgr.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/inifile.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/intr.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_asig.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_apil.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_apl.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_ay.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_bas.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_break.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_bucle.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_cad.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_calc.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_comp.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_ent.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_err.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_est.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_estr.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_excpt.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_exim.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_ext.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_file.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_fnex.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_for.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_grf.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_imp.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_ini.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_mult.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_mutex.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_mod.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_nodo.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_obj.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_par.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_pil.obj /client/mcc
_cyg/debg/debug/mc_rest.obj /client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_rut.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_tiemp.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_vent.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_vis.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_vis32.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_vt.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_vta.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/proc.obj /client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/prcex.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/rut_edi.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/vcache.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/treepath.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/vfuncs.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/vnode.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/vtree.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_com.obj 
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_jni.obj /client/mcc_cyg/javai/javai.a 
-lmcodbcnt -lstdc++ -lgcc -lcygwin -luser32 -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 
-lshell32 -lgcc
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/bloc.obj: In function `eliminar_basura(_iobuf 
*, int)':
/comun/src/bloc.cpp:153: undefined reference to `_filelength'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/bloc.obj: In function 
`insertar_mandato(_iobuf *, _iobuf *, char *, int, int)':
/comun/src/bloc.cpp:255: undefined reference to `_filelength'
/comun/src/bloc.cpp:278: undefined reference to `_filelength'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/bloc.obj: In function 
`eliminar_mandato(_iobuf *, _iobuf *, int)':
/comun/src/bloc.cpp:347: undefined reference to `_filelength'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/bloc.obj: In function `insertar_bloque(_iobuf 
*, registro *, long, int)':
/comun/src/bloc.cpp:387: undefined reference to `_filelength'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/bloc.obj:/comun/src/bloc.cpp:541: more 
undefined references to `_filelength' follow
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/codif.obj: In function 
`decodificar_mandato(char *, BufferPrc *, int, char)':
/comun/src/codif.cpp:1499: undefined reference to `_errno'
/comun/src/codif.cpp:1505: undefined reference to `_getch'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/copy.obj: In function 
`FindData::FindFirst(char *)':
/client/src/copy.cpp:120: undefined reference to `_findfirst'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/copy.obj: In function `FindData::FindNext(void)':
/client/src/copy.cpp:169: undefined reference to `_findnext'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/copy.obj: In function 
`FindData::FindClose(void)':
/client/src/copy.cpp:194: undefined reference to `_findclose'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/exchdlr.obj: In function 
`ExceptionHandler::Report(char *, int, char *, char *)':
/comun/src/exchdlr.cpp:110: undefined reference to `_imp___iob'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/inifile.obj: In function 
`McIniSec::GetKey(char *)':
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:360: undefined reference to `_stricmp'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/inifile.obj: In function 
`McIniSec::DeleteKey(char *)':
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:381: undefined reference to `_stricmp'
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:398: undefined reference to `_stricmp'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/inifile.obj: In function `_7INIFilePc':
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:465: undefined reference to `_errno'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/inifile.obj: In function 
`INIFile::GetSec(char *)':
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:574: undefined reference to `_stricmp'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/inifile.obj: In function `INIFile::Grabar(int)':
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:614: undefined reference to `_imp___iob'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/inifile.obj: In function `_8McIniKeyPc':
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:97: undefined reference to `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll'
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:103: undefined reference to `_imp___pctype_dll'
/comun/src/inifile.cpp:105: undefined reference to `_isctype'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_asig.obj: In function 
`genera_conversion_fecha(char *, int)':
/comun/src/mc_asig.cpp:170: undefined reference to `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll'
/comun/src/mc_asig.cpp:170: undefined reference to `_imp___pctype_dll'
/comun/src/mc_asig.cpp:173: undefined reference to `_isctype'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_ent.obj: In function 
`entrada_alfanumerica(int, int, char *, int, int, char)':
/comun/src/mc_ent.cpp:1238: undefined reference to `_strrev'
/comun/src/mc_ent.cpp:1250: undefined reference to `_strrev'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_err.obj: In function `ErrorHandler(Error, 
char *, int)':
/comun/src/mc_err.cpp:794: undefined reference to `_imp___iob'
/comun/src/mc_err.cpp:830: undefined reference to `_imp___iob'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_estr.obj: In function `_3varUs':
/comun/src/mc_estr.cpp:187: undefined reference to `_errno'
/comun/src/mc_estr.cpp:191: undefined reference to `_errno'
/comun/src/mc_estr.cpp:191: undefined reference to `_errno'
/comun/src/mc_estr.cpp:191: undefined reference to `_errno'
/comun/src/mc_estr.cpp:187: undefined reference to `_errno'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_estr.obj:/comun/src/mc_estr.cpp:191: more 
undefined references to `_errno' follow
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_obj.obj: In function 
`McObject::LeeLocal(void)':
/comun/src/mc_obj.cpp:240: undefined reference to `_filelength'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_rest.obj: In function `restaurar(int, char 
*)':
/comun/src/mc_rest.cpp:329: undefined reference to `_errno'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/mc_vis.obj: In function `VisualMensaje(char 
*, char *)':
/comun/src/mc_vis.cpp:349: undefined reference to `_imp____mb_cur_max_dll'
/comun/src/mc_vis.cpp:350: undefined reference to `_imp___pctype_dll'
/comun/src/mc_vis.cpp:352: undefined reference to `_isctype'
/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/prcex.obj: In function `CargaAplicacion(char *)':
/client/src/prcex.cpp:232: undefined reference to `_filelength'
/client/src/prcex.cpp:254: undefined reference to `_filelength'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/client/mcc_cyg/debg/debug/debgnt.exe] Error 1

There are some undefined references that msvcrt handles but cygwin 
doesn't. Is it possible to use any flag to include them ?

There are some routines I have implemented for Linux compilation 
(Filelength). But others, such as _imp____mb_cur_max_dll, _imp___iob, I 
don't know how to handle them.

Any hint ?

Thanks in advance. Ignasi Villagrasa.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/