Subject: Re: New Mutt 1.4 package???
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:51:26 -0400

Gary,

Sorry for the sluggish response time -- it is not for a lack of
interest...

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 02:02:12AM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > Although, I have been considering trying to wrestle it away from
> > Gary. :,)
> 
> I've been considering the exact same thing, but I was a bit reluctant
> to breach the subject, as your cup already looks like it overfloweth
> ;-).

It is and my shop vac and sump pump are broken too! :,)

> But if you'd be willing to maintain it, I'd be more than happy
> to step down.  Mutt deserves much more attention than I've been able
> to give it, and now with working fetchmail and procmail and the
> associated potential interoperability issues, I completely agree that
> it would make sense for you to take over.

I am willing with the caveat below.

> >  Since I already maintain Cygwin fetchmail and procmail
> > and I'm a "heavy" Cygwin mutt user, this may make sense...
> 
> That's been my main problem I guess; I'm *not* a heavy mutt user, I
> just use it occaisionally to send emails from scripts.  I got it to
> the point where that works reliably from text mounts and then
> dereliction of duty set in.

I didn't know that you have already dealt with the text vs. binary mode
issues.  This is good news.

> Let's do this (again, if you're willing to take over):  No Sleep 'Til 1.4.  I
> don't hit the sack tonight until I've finished and uploaded the mutt-1.4-1
> package.  That'll be my swan song, and then if everybody's in agreement and we
> can get all the proper clearances, mutt and hence all of Cygwin's mail
> functionality is Tishler territory forevermore ;-).

I'm really backed up right now.  Would you be willing to deal with the
currently reported problems?

    o source package seems to be broken
      http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg01097.html

    o read-only mbox problem under Windows 9x/Me
      http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg00963.html

    o lock count exceeded problem
      http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg01097.html

I'm willing (without coercion) to assume maintainership after the above
have been resolved.  Otherwise, I'm still willing to assume
maintainership but I cannot guarantee when the above will be resolved.

BTW, does your mutt build display international characters correctly?
Mine does not.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/