Subject: Re: gcc 3.11-2 link error with stdc++
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:48:22 +0400

Hi!

Thursday, 11 July, 2002 Christopher Faylor [email-masked] wrote:

CF> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 08:58:42PM +0900, Dylan Cuthbert wrote:
>>It seems any piece of code using string::replace with iterators causes a
>>link error at the moment, this is the error I get:
>>
>> undefined reference to `
>>std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>
>>>::replace(std::__normal_iterator<char*, std::basic_string<char,
>>std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >,
>>std::__normal_iterator<char*, std::basic_string<char,
>>std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, unsigned, char)'
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>>If this isn't a cygwin-related problem I'll post to the gcc group, however,
>>I haven't seen mention of this kind of problem on there.

CF> Sorry.  I can't offer any insight, especially without a test case, but probably
CF> not even then.

CF> Maybe Egor might have an idea.

Never seen this particular error. Dylan, maybe you can provide a
testcase? You can also try to debug this error yourself by looking at
files created with 'gcc -v -save-temps ...' and output of
'nm libstdc++.a'

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/