Subject: Unable to run apache - unable to fork
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:53:43 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

I'm trying to move off of the Windows version of Apache and run the 
Cygwin port of Apache. When I start the httpd process I get the 
following in the error log:

C:\Cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe: *** unable to remap 
C:\Cygwin\lib\apache\mod_vhost_alias.dll to same address as parent -- 
0x470000
    284 [main] httpd 3976 sync_with_child: child 2088(0x6CC) died before 
initialization with status code 0x1
  96803 [main] httpd 3976 sync_with_child: *** child state child loading 
dlls
[Thu Jul 11 19:50:44 2002] [error] (11)Resource temporarily unavailable: 
fork: Unable to fork new process
[Thu Jul 11 19:50:54 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.24 (Cygwin) configured -- 
resuming normal operations
[Thu Jul 11 19:50:54 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: pthread (Default: pthread)

Any ideas why it's unable to remap mod_vhost_alias.dll and unable to fork?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/