Subject: Re: Screen color question
From: "Dennis W. Bulgrien" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:12:19 -0500
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

The others were thinking we had problems with the default text color, like
the output of export for example.  Its the prompt which defaults to
dark-green and dark-yellow on black.  To brighten it up you can specify the
bold attribute to PS1.  The 32m is dark green; replace [32m\] with [1;32m\].
This causes the prompt to be light-green and light-yellow on black.  I can
supply the color defs if you are interested in changing it further.

"Barry Goldstein" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...

> The prompt strings are
> PS1=$'\\[\\033]0;\\w\\007\n\\033[32m\\]\\u@\\h
\\[\\033[33m\\w\\033[0m\\]\n$ '

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/