Subject: [BUG] open(): Opening with flags O_RDONLY | O_APPEND positions the file pointer at the end of the file
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:39:43 +0200

Hello, there :)

Attached is a testcase which displays the problem. On Linux it will
properly return 13, while on cygwin it returns 0.

I found this while trying to understand why MC doesn't extract
properly files from say .zip files.

I don't know exactly why they call O_RDONLY combined with O_APPEND but
I will mail the mc-devel list ASAP.

Still according to the Linux man page and SUSv2, O_APPEND should be
taken into account only when writing to the file.

Having in mind that fhandler_base::write() calls SetFilePointer
before each write, I wonder why fhandler_disk_base::open calls
SetFilePointer when it detects O_APPEND ?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/