Subject: Re: running mks toolkit and cygwin on same machine
From: Jon LaBadie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Thomas Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:22:39 -0400

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:40:39AM +0200, Thomas Baker wrote:
> 
> I also installed the ATT ksh -- there was a thread about this
> two or three weeks ago -- but understand that a KSH package
> for the standard Cygwin setup is on the way.  Have also had
> some small problems porting scripts, one of which being that
> "egrep" must always be changed to "grep -E".

Why?  Works fine for me.  But a hard link of egrep.exe
and grep.exe (and fgrep.exe) rather than symlink of
egrep -> grep.exe (no .exe) might help.

-- 
Jon H. LaBadie                  [email-masked]
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/